Technical Intern positions for the Boise Site for the summer 2017 intern season with the HP Indigo Production Solutions team.
Software Intern Individuals will develop and deliver solutions that enable proactive, accurate, timely, and efficient print solution capabilities. This individual will also focus on component qualification and testing efficiencies/effectiveness.
Depending on the specific team project definition and the intern's degree focus, the intern's work could include projects related to SW enabling systems in fleet management, print, page input, security and extending platform systems for third party solutions for the cloud or onsite products. The work may involve different business areas of our printing world, ranging from mobility, security, fleet management, etc . It will be focused on GSB products (HP Indigo Digital presses, Large Format printers, Latex, PWI...) and applications (Imposer, Composer...) ; it could also involve well known 3rd party SW products in the cloud. Finally, it may involve/encompass the areas to R&D design, development and code qualification, to support tool development and support, to data analytics and machine learning.
- Working towards a Bachelor's (undergraduate) or Master's (graduate) degree in a technical discipline (e.g. computer science, computer engineering, information technology, engineering, math, physics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering)
Experience and knowledge (depends on discipline area):
- For hardware areas, beginning knowledge in Verilog/System Verilog/VHDL coding, industry standard IP integration (USB, DDR, VMC, Denali, etc) and verification using standard ASIC development tools (Cadence and Synopsys). Exposure to industry standard ASIC development tools such as logic synthesis, timing analysis, and logic equivalence checking.
- For software and firmware areas, beginning experience in XML, VB, HTML/DHTML, C#, and/or C++ in a PC Windows, Android and/or Macintosh environment. Awareness of software lifecycles. Some knowledge (development and application) in multiple operating systems.
- Exposure to engineering principles, methodologies, and procedures. Demonstrated experience in organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Exposure to design, development and implementation of solutions
- Exposure to Solution Development Lifecycles, their associated processes and when to apply each (examples. Include Agile Development, XPlanning, traditional waterfall, etc.)
- Exposure to Quality Assurance and testing methods
- Ability to work effectively in diverse, foreign, and multi-cultural environments
- Innovative and creative approach to solving problems ("Think outside of the box" mentality)
- Solid English oral and written communication skills.