PURPOSE:To act as a team leader coordinating resources to accomplish established goals of safety, quality, productivity and cost.General scope of responsibilities is to coordinateresources to accomplish established goals of safety, quality, productivity, and cost. A Manufacturing Technician interfaces effectively with other disciplines/functions to allocate resources between teams as needed. The Manufacturing Technician is accountable for all team measures and performance, must facilitate team meetings, coach/mentor and support the team in identifying process improvements which will enhance the working environment.
Skills, functional and Technical:
- Coordinate activities for a diverse machining line.
- Responsible for effective use of resources
- Maintain safety, quality, delivery and production, while identifying areas for improvement and leading implementation of change.
- Ability to effectively interact with Operations, Engineering, Quality and project teams to understand and deliver requirements.
- Ability to react quickly to issues and work through conflicting priorities
- Machining background with aptitude for CNC turning and grinding, working knowledge of tooling, technical drawings, general repair and preventative maintenance.
- Working knowledge of process documentation/work instructions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to diagnose/correct general machine problems.
- Working knowledge of measuring equipment including calipers, indicators, micrometers, attribute gauges and thread gauges.
- Familiar with basic component layout, strong understanding of quality processes
- Familiar with quality systems, ISO, TS or similar
- Working knowledge of SPC, Capability, Gage R&R
- Familiarity with 6 Sigma, lean manufacturing a plus
- PC Skills, experience with MS word, Excel, e mail
- Requires a minimum of the following WorkKeys Scores:
- Workplace Observation 3
- Locating Information 5
- Applied Math 5
Skills, Teamwork / Leadership:
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work within all levels in the organization to achieve desired results.
- Proven track record of leading teams. Ability to achieve participation with work group members by encouraging cooperation, teamwork, constructive feedback, and utilizing effective conflict management techniques.
- Proven ability to promote continuous employee development through emphasis on continuous learning for self and others
- Communication, motivational and effective decision making skills a must.
- Possess exceptional attention to detail
Cummins and E-verify
Cummins policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please click here http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Controlled%20Vocabulary/Native%20Documents/E-Verify/E-Verify_Poster_V08-08_Standard_English.pdf
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.