- Support assigned team to accomplish production output and accomplishment of specific objectives.
- Set a personal example of behavior and commitment to company and plant objectives.
- Work with ME team in implementing new products and continuous improvement projects.
- Maintain a high level of workplace organization and housekeeping.
- Maintain engineering documentation.
- Respond to machine or equipment problems, and causes for delays.
- Maintain discipline, morale, and good interpersonal relations.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Overall goal is to optimize machine operation time by minimizing downtime due to system deficiencies.
- Use knowledge of electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics, electro-mechanics, PLC based controls, and motor-drive control systems to quickly solve production breakdowns.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing equipment issues, assist in repair/maintenance projects as required.
- Be responsible for diagnosis of electronic control system bugs.
- Lift and pour 42lb coolant buckets from 24" and hold at 50".
- Lift and carry assorted tools and parts weighing up to 5 times per hour from floor height and carry up to 50 feet.
- Must be above to loosen stuck bolts with one-arm force of up to 50lb directed in any plane.
- Must be able to strike up to 5 bolts to a machine with a 10lb maul.
- Must be able to manually tighten screws and bolts.
- Must be able to safety ascend/descend up to 6' of 10' ladder.
- Must be able to close channel-lock pliers, requiring grip strength of 65lb at 3" span.
- Must be able to work with both hands above 60" to manipulate controls or modify equipment for up to 30" or repeatedly for short periods of time.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 4 hours consecutively and up to 12 hours total per shift.
- Must tolerate working inside or outside ambient conditions.
- Must be able to assume a position that allows viewing of gaps underneath machines three inches or less from the floor.
- Possess exceptional attention to detail.
- Must work effectively and communicate with all levels of employees.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to diagnose general machine problems and propose and implement improvement ideas.
- Excellent math skills.
- Good PC skills including spreadsheets, word processing, database and e-mail.
- Knowledge of blueprints and engineering data, and be able to work within manufacturer's designated tolerances using a variety of precision measuring instruments and devices.
- Knowledge and understanding of general machine programming and electromechanical troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic statistical control. (Capability, GR&R, SPC)
- Ability to understand and use process documentation, standardized work procedures and basic quality control skills
- Must have experience in manufacturing environment.
- Must have experience with technical drawings and documentation.
- Must have experience with troubleshooting methods.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in support of electromechanical systems or equivalent formal training.
- Machining background, with CNC turning and grinding, including CNC programming and knowledge of tooling.
- This position must be experienced with common industrial devices to include but not limited to the following:
Control devices (PLC, PC)
Motors, pumps, and associated controls
Proper technical reporting
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- ACT® Work Keys scores:
- Locating Information 5
- Applied Math 4
- Workplace Observation 3
- Applied Technology 4
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please click here http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Controlled%20Vocabulary/Native%20Documents/E-Verify/E-Verify_Poster_V08-08_Standard_English.pdf