Schedule is Tues, Wed, Thurs (1:30pm-10pm), Friday (11:30am-8pm) and Saturday (8am-4:30pm)
1. Receive routine orders for a variety of blood and pharmaceutical products and transfusion-related supplies. Follow appropriate procedures ensuring accurate order entry and order fulfillment. Make follow-up calls if product needs cannot be met as expected.
2. Maintain/work with data, tools or computer programs to facilitate management and monitoring of product and service information.
3. Provide customer service to clients. Proactively communicate with hospital customers to increase customer satisfaction.
4. Maintain positive and professional communications, both internally as well as externally to provide regular product/service information and follow-up; promote teamwork.
5. Assist hospital personnel with inventory alternatives when requested products are unavailable within established guidelines and procedures that assist the customers and the patient.
6. Rotate inventory of primary and remote facilities to ensure adequate supplies of products for the needs of customers.
7. Investigate and resolve hospital shipment problems. Receive, investigate and communicate related to customer concerns; complete customer concern documentation accurately and timely, then forward to appropriate individual(s) for follow-up/review.
8. Determine most economical method of transportation for hospital shipments.
9. Perform other duties as necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.
Work independently to complete assignments and adheres to regulatory requirements as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Minimum two years of progressive experience in a dynamic, multi-task operational environment preferred. Experience in blood or pharmaceutical inventory management/hospital customer relations/logistics is preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Outstanding interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of customers and staff (paid and volunteer ). Must have excellent organizational skills, be able to handle multiple priorities effectively. Problem solving and analytical skills. Working knowledge of computers.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.