SENIOR SALES ENGINEER-Mid-Alantic and Central Region
Want to work for a global, growing company where YOU can make an IMPACT? We are a company that sees you as a person (not a number) and is fully committed to helping YOU reach "your potential". At IEWC, our employees feel heard, valued and part of a team...Become part of an Employee Owned company at IEWC: !
The Sr. Sales Engineer is responsible for supporting the IEWC Sales Team on solution selling into an existing and prospect account base. This subject matter expert in the Wire Harness Industry will increase the IEWC value proposition by introducing new technologies, reducing scrap rate, increasing production efficiency, and driving material and process specifications.
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare, and execute on strategically targeted end users.
- Model the financial business case associated with each sales opportunity.
- Successfully match customer critical business issue with an IEWC solution.
- Create and deliver quality presentations and product demonstrations that clearly communicate our value proposition.
- Handle technical aspects of a bid or quote when needed.
- Collect and document competitive intelligence.
- Train and develop internal staff on wire management products.
- Perform extensive customer and product research to identify trends within industries that IEWC could focus on.
- Partner with internal marketing and suppliers on positioning and solutions for customers.
- Serve as a technical liaison between the customer and our company
- Identify new products for sales.
- Be the engineering and technical expert for IEWC internally and our customers, and suppliers
Degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
7-10 years' experience working as a sales engineer in the wire harness industry
A valid driver's license.
Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical and business information and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to work in a Windows environment, to work with your department's business applications and with standard current computer applications.
50-60% travel in assigned territory