Leading security firm is looking for cargo/package security screener candidates.
Candidates must demonstrate and abide by company Core Values and the operating principles set forth, while maintaining 100% compliance with all cargo screening training. Observe and report activities and incidents providing for the security and safety of client property. Security screeners must possess and maintain a professional image and must demonstrate strong leadership skills.
Screen and log cargo/packages following company guidelines. This includes, but is not limited to x-ray screening and other methods of technology.
Process report for the Security Supervisor and/or Dir of Security identifying areas of concern in weekly and daily reports.
Maintain a working knowledge of all emergency policies, procedures and regulations; notify appropriate authorities and assist as needed.
Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
These functions are not limited to these listed and may be expanded upon at any time, however it will be mutually agreed upon.
HOURS AND PAY
Monday - Friday 4/5 pm to 9/10 pm
$15.00 per hour.
The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location. Guard Card Required.
• High School Diploma and/or equivalent;
• US Citizen or lawful permanent resident, green card is acceptable
• Successfully pass a criminal background check and drug test
• Constant and dedicated vigilance.
• Attention to detail.
• Security, warehouse and/or aviation experience is a plus.
• Strong customer service orientation, exemplifying our Mission Statement.
• Ability to be a hands-on, results oriented employee, handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to facilitate progressive change, getting along with other employees, following directions and continually improving.
• Evidence of ability to work autonomously using sound judgment working in a team oriented management environment.
• Work with a sense of urgency when given project deadlines.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Must be able to work variable hours.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers. Pushing/pulling/carrying lifting may include up to 50 lbs. stair climbing. Normal vision or corrected by use of glasses and/or contacts for normal reading and viewing abilities.