BUSINESS ANALYST INTERN - IT- NEW BERLIN, WI
Want to work for a global, growing company where YOU can make an IMPACT? Finding a company that is fully committed to helping YOU reach "your potential" is what we are about. We have a great culture and a great team...Be part of an Employee Owned company at IEWC: !
The IT Business Analyst Intern - works cross functionally to support and enable change in a process and organizational context, by defining, designing, recommending, and configuration of quality solutions to promote Continuous Process Improvement in the Company and deliver value to stakeholders. Flexible hours to accommodate class schedules.
Business Analyst, System Design and Configuration
Provide business system analysis and process redesign expertise within business functions to translate business requirements into system solutions.
Perform SAP configuration as required to support functional requirements based on System Enhancement Requests and projects.
Research, analyze, document, test and implement SAP changes to meet the requirements of the organization.
Develop detailed functional specifications and work closely with Application Developers to accomplish common goals.
Communicate and record project, task, and time usage and status appropriately.
Develop documentation that supports change control and enables training and change management activities.
Perform ad-hoc reporting, system audits, and analysis as required.
Provide guidance in working with cross functional global teams to improve systems and processes, productivity, drive savings or revenue initiatives, and reduce waste.
Conduct interviews, gather information, and collaborate with end users to understand (and document when necessary) current business processes and activities.
Utilize and promote continuous improvement concepts and tools.
Functional Testing & Support
Test systems and processes prior to roll-outs or integrations including outlining test requirements, such as regression and negative testing, across a global SAP landscape.
Work with other Enterprise Solutions team members and project teams on implementation strategies that impact the end-user in a non-disruptive approach.
Manage and provide end-user support of existing business solutions.
- Must be able to work 20-25 hours per week during the school year
- Must be at a junior or senior standing at the start of the internship and a 3.0 or higher grade point average is preferred.
- Working towards a Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year College or university; or two or more year's related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with focus on business management, IT or related coursework.
- Expertise using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with SAP (ECC 6.0 or higher), through course work or application
- Excellent interpersonal, consultative, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational, planning, facilitation, and prioritization skills
- Ability to solve problems under time constraints
- Conceptual knowledge of the business analysis discipline and application of concepts to projects
- Conceptual knowledge of software development lifecycle processes
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction