Timeline: Internship recruitment will occur during January through March 2018
Amazon is seeking data-driven, business-minded, results-oriented Financial Analyst interns to work in our corporate offices in Seattle, Washington. The ideal candidate is a proven self-starter with strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and the ability to dive deep. Based on the individual's performance after the internship, there would be an opportunity to start the Full-Time Amazon Finance Rotation Program or reiceve a return internship offer.
FA Interns make a difference to the business by:
* Preparation and reporting of financial performance for weekly, monthly, and annual reviews
* Interact regularly with senior leadership by producing meaningful operational metrics to help drive performance and achieve business objectives.
* Apply financial acumen and technical understanding to provide insights on growth, profitability, capital investment, and cash flow
Part of the internship program is an intern project, which requires the intern to flex their finance, accounting, analytical, and business acumen to work on optimizing and driving quality to solve a problem or improve an existing process. The intern will have the opportunity to attend Finance Leadership Speaker Series, Intern social events, network and interact with strong leaders and developers of people throughout the Finance organization.
Please note, visa sponsorship is not available for this position
* Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics, information systems, accounting or related field. * Must be able to work 40 hours a week throughout the course of the 12 week internship
* Understanding of basic business and accounting concepts * Fluency in standard software including Excel, Access, Oracle, Essbase, SQL and VBA skills a plus * Solid organizational and project-management skills * Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills * Strong desire to exceed expectations * A practical and creative approach to problem solving with focus on customer. * Ability to summarize and communicate important data * Commitment to self-development
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation