Geotechnical Engineering Manager
Terracon is looking for a Geotechnical Engineering Manager to run our Geotechnical Department in Chattanooga, TN. You'll have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best technical expertise within the geotechnical field while continuing to build upon our success.
Chattanooga, named "Best Town Ever" from Outside Magazine, is a great place to live, play and of course work. Our office is located in the heart of downtown with the beautiful Tennessee River right in our backyard. Our employees have been known to take a stroll along the Riverwalk or take a kayak/canoe trip to top off their day. Check out more on Chattanooga here: .
As the Geotechnical Engineering Manager, you'll supervise or monitor all projects in progress in the department to ensure that work is done on time and in accordance with our client's likings. You'll also take part in the preparation of proposals and cost estimates for clients to ensure proper scoping of services, availability of manpower and pricing to achieve desired profitability. Your supervisory skills will definitely come into play as well as you'll manage the daily operations of the department including staff training, development, and performance review, utilization of equipment and facilities, safety oversight, quality of services and work product, timely delivery of services and deliverables, and adherence to policies and procedure. If you have a knack for building client relationships and business development, you'll put that to use as well while you identify, develop, win, and execute project opportunities and build and maintain those all-important client relationships.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for preparation of proposals and cost estimates.
- Perform business and client development activities.
- Develop and manage employee staffing plans, recruitment, selection and on-boarding.
- Prepare and execute annual business plan for the department.
- Oversee and manage the success of the key department metrics of revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
What You Need:
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and 5 years' practice experience.
- Master's degree or PhD preferred.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
What We'd Like You To Have:
- Certification or licensure in field of expertise.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon's growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Regular, Full Time
City, State (Office Location)