Repairs and maintains machinery and equipment such as motors, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL:
All employees are expected to act in a safe manner at all times and ensure that those around them do not put themselves or others at risk. Everyone is personally accountable for his/her own safety as well as their co-workers.
Safety and health is a shared responsibility of everyone in the organization and a condition of employment. We value and expect engagement out of all employees.
All co-workers share the responsibility for doing the right thing for the environmentand carrying out the stewardship principles addressed in our HH&BEnvironmentalPolicy. We will provide the resources necessary to implement this policy, and management will conduct periodic reviews to ensure its ongoing effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Observe equipment in operation and evaluate potential problems for future repairs.
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Adjust function parts of equipment and control instruments.
- Repair or replace defective parts.
- Install special functional and structural parts in equipment.
- Lubricate and clean parts.
- Start equipment to test their performance.
- Set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to repair or make spare parts.
- Repair electrical equipment.
- Clean photoelectric equipment with contact cleaner.
- Remove and rebuild escapements by disassembling and replacing worn parts.
- Dismantle air cylinders and rebuild by replacing worn parts.
- Locate and repair pneumatics leaks and electrical faults with a multimeter.
- Adjusting feeding tracks and escapement by adding or removing shims.
- Replace motors, motor control and clutches.
- Trouble-shoot and repair electric motors.
- Replace conveyor belts by removing and disassembling conveyors.
- Remove parts jam by pulling bad parts out with required tool.
- Clean parts using solvents.
- Trouble-shoot with programmer using keyboard.
- Rebuild assembly equipment to upgrade for scrap reduction, quality improvements, etc.
- Develop cost savings ideas and implement same.
- Must be able to work mandatory overtime. The regular schedule for this position exceeds eight hours per day, 40 hours per week. Additional overtime is assigned as needed.
- Must follow all work rules and policies.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One to three months related experience and/or training. Must pass skills assessment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to handle problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and sit, bend, stoop, twist, kneel, squat, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 58 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.