|Structural Steel Inspector II|
|Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon's growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.|
| Perform inspection on projects requiring expertise in one or more areas of expertise.|
* Performs testing, observation, and inspection as directed in accordance with training and the specified procedures to determine if work is done according to contract specifications.
* Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
* Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
* Prepare inspection reports and document nonconformance.
* Performs basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the Project Manager.
* Communicates information to Project Manager and other personnel as directed by the Project Manager.
* May interact with client and other site personnel to provide input on appropriate resolution of findings.
* May assist Project Manager in development of scope for testing and inspection services
* Coordinate pre-dispatch activities with Project, Department, and/or Office Managers.
* Maintains equipment operation and calibration.
* May assist more senior inspectors on large, complex projects.
* Follow safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Performs pre-task planning prior to executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
* Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
Knowledge & Skills:
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Associates degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Engineering Technology preferred.
* Minimum 2-4 years' experience in construction inspection.
* Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
At least three or more certifications in the following areas:
* ICC certification (Structural Steel - Bolting, Structural Steel - Welding).
* American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
* American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) Level II certification (Visual Testing (VT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Dye Penetrant Testing (PT), Radiographic Testing (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT)).
* Other national, regional, state, and local Materials related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department Manager.
| Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.|
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
|Regular, Full Time|
|2 Years or more|