At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR ICA is currently seeking a Resident Engineer to perform engineering work related to all phases of highway and bridge construction on projects in South Carolina utilizing SCDOT policies and procedures. Projects may be based in multiple areas throughout South Carolina: Columbia/Midlands, Greenville-Spartanburg/Upstate, Aiken, Santee, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assure the effective and complete adherence of approved plans and specifications to result in correct construction of projects.
* Supervise and coordinate Inspectors to assure adherence to specifications.
* Maintain records to ensure proper estimate payments.
* Analyze plans and recommend needed changes so that project will be correctly constructed.
* Maintain professional human relations with contractor and public to facilitate cooperation and coordination of the project.
* Perform survey work as required.
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelors Degree in a related field from an accredited institution and a minimum of 5 years of construction engineering experience.
* South Carolina PE or ability to obtain through reciprocity required.
* Knowledge of surveying, engineering, construction plans and specifications, and
highway materials sampling and testing procedures.
* Ability to interpret and apply construction project documentation procedures and administrative policies.
* Familiarity with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software, and the use of Microsoft Windows operating system.
* Familiarity with SiteManager software.
* Valid driver's license and ability to satisfy requirements of HDR driving policy required.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy.