|Employment Type||Full Time|
Provides the highest level of customer service possible to new and existing customers by offering the best products, at the best price, with the best service. Receives, processes and balances customer transactions on a daily basis. Disburses funds for withdrawals and other cash transactions. Accurately balances a cash drawer and shows ultimate responsibility in handling cash and Bank securities on a daily basis. Responds to customers questions, identifies customer financial needs, and refers qualified leads to appropriate branch personnel. Offers new services and products to customers. Shows appreciation to customers for their business, and builds professional relationships to enhance business opportunities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and BASIC DUTIES
* Provides quality customer service in order to develop and maintain banking relationships and increase the customer base of the branch. Greets customers in a professional and friendly manner.
* Use the Connect Model with every customer interaction to create an exceptional customer experience.
* Processes banking transactions for customers by cashing checks, accepting deposits, transferring funds and performing other banking functions. Follows bank guidelines for distributing cash to customers.
* Maintains an individual cash drawer within specified cash limits. Counts, verifies and balances the cash drawer daily. Secures cash according to the Bank's teller procedures.
* Retrieves account information and researches problems for customers who have questions or problems with their accounts.
* Balances the vault for the branch.
* Processes and records night deposits and Night Deposit Log according to established guidelines.
* Provides administrative support in the branch as needed.
* Process CTRs needed for large deposits and withdrawals.
* Processes wire transfers. Sells and balances money orders and traveler's checks.
* Responds to customers questions, identifies customer financial needs, and refers qualified leads to appropriate branch personnel. Offers new services and products to customers.
* Stays current with knowledge of products, services and training the Bank is providing. Sells and cross-sells banking services when appropriate.
* Answers incoming telephone calls directing callers to the appropriate person or department.
* May serve as a roving teller traveling to various branches as needed.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Minimum Education/Certification: Must be a high school graduate or equivalent. Additional training in accounting, banking or business would be helpful.
* Required Knowledge: Must have a complete knowledge of basic mathematical calculations and balancing techniques.
* Preferred Knowledge: Knowledge of State and Federal regulations governing banking is needed. Knowledge of security procedures and product knowledge is necessary
* Required Experience: Previous customer service experience is necessary. A minimum of one year cash handling experience is required.
* Preferred Experience: Previous bank operations experience is helpful.
* Required Skills: Strong mathematical and balancing skills are required. Must have proven customer relations skills through prior experience. Excellent communication skills are needed. Must be proficient in the use of basic office equipment such calculator with emphasis on PC skills. Microsoft Word and Excel skills are needed.
* Preferred Requirements: Additional computer skills with banking platforms is preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment Requirements:
Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers. Must be able to stand for long periods during the day. Must be able to bend and may be required to lift up to 25 pounds in coin or office supplies. There are generally no hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions present in the location of this position.
Mental Demands:Learning, thinking, concentration, the ability to interact with others, the ability to exercise self-control, and the ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in customer and employee relations' situations are necessary. Must have a proven detail orientation. Must have the ability to make decisions and exercise discretion when necessary.