Emergency Preparedness and Management Consultant
Emergency Preparedness and Management Consultant (144079)
About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We are building a nationwide Emergency Management (EM) program to serve our great clients.
Watch our video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for an Emergency Management Consultant, who is passionate to serve our communities, clients, and partners, to join our Emergency Management team. We are looking for someone who is excited to help us develop our Emergency Management program. This person will lead and support projects and consulting engagements focused on disaster and crisis response. We are looking for a subject matter expert that can be a wealth of knowledge in assessments of hazards, development of plans, and plan implementation.
In this role you will set standards, define quality, develop programs and drive innovation. You'll lead and drive collaboration on the development of project deliverables and training exercises. Along with project work, business development, such as client engagement, technical writing, and interview preparation, will be a key activity in this role. Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Lead recovery efforts including putting the plans developed into action
* Travel to support projects across the United States related to emergency management, homeland security, disaster preparedness, community engagement, and humanitarian assistance
* Interpreting and applying federal preparedness guidance as well as supporting grant management activities
*Development and delivery of training programs and client focused workshops
* Bachelor's degree or 10 years of relevant project and/or program management experience.
* Strong industry reputation and deep understanding of the emergency management and disaster industry players, trends, drivers and practices.
* Experience developing preparedness plans, continuity of operation plans, recovery plans, emergency response plans, and/or similar documents.
* Experience responding to major disasters and recovery efforts.
* Candidate should have excellent marketing and business development skills in addition to contacts/relationships in respective business class discipline.
* Strong public speaking and executive level presentation skills.
* Previous experience leading and/or building a professional practice.
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
* FEMA certifications
* Any of the following certifications: Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Master Exercise Practitioner (MEP), Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Emergency Manager (CEM), Business Continuity Planning Professional (BCPP), other relevant certifications are valued.
* Working knowledge of the Incident Command System (ICS), the National Incident Management System (NIMS), the National Response Framework (NRF), and the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP)
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy.