About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
HDR currently has an opening for a CAD Technician/Designer to join our team in Denver, CO. The primary duties of the CAD Technician/Designer, is with occasional assistance from Project Engineers and Managers, produces drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphic representations of land development engineering (site, geometric, grading, utilities and roadways) designs using computer-aided drafting software. Requires a good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and GIS. Work may also entail field investigations and inspections.
* Associates or technical school degree is preferred.
* Experience in civil design with CAD programs is preferred.
* Certifications in use of Civil 3D, AutoCAD, and GIS are preferred.
* Knowledge of procedures for the production of design developments and construction documents.
* Ability to support multiple complex and time sensitive projects effectively. Ability to work in conjunction with the CAD design leader in executing the broad direction from Project Engineer or Project Manager on various design projects.
* Identify and resolve design issues effectively and efficiently.
* Able to work under and meet tight deadlines.
* Ability to interact, collaborate and communicate (verbally and written) with design and construction teams in a positive and proactive manner.
* Self-starter and willingness to take initiative.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy.