About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Primary ResponsibilitiesIn the role of Environmental Planner, we'll count on you to:
* Collect project-related data, which may include research, interviews with government agencies and clients, map reviews, field investigations
* Prepare environmental impact assessments
* Conduct air & noise studies
* Monitor compliance with environmental mitigation commitments
* Assist in preparation for and participation in public information meetings and hearings
* Prepare, plan and analyze/review technical studies, permit applications, NEPA documents, and similar reports/documents
* Assist public and private clients with permit coordination, acquisition and compliance for wetland impacts, bridge construction, and threatened/endangered species
Keyword(s): Environmental Planner, job #143041, *LI-MP1
* Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Planning or closely related field
* 5 years environmental planning experience is required.
* Would prefer an individual with transportation/transit planning background
* Experience with air & noise studies would be a plus.
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite
* Strong conceptual, organizational, problem-solving and research abilities
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
*Local candidates are preferred. Hiring preference will be given to Section 3 eligible residents.
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.