HDR has partnered with clients to shape communities and push the boundaries of what's possible since 1917. We specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. With nearly 10,000 employees in more than 225 locations around the world, we think global and act local.
HDR Engineering, Inc. is seeking a Senior Bridge Engineer to work in HDR's Nevada Transportation Program.
The primary duties of the Senior Bridge Engineer include serving in a lead technical and project management role on bridge design projects for HDR in Nevada. You will perform complex structural planning, analysis and design for all structural aspects of transportation projects. Typical projects include bridge steel plate girder, prestress concrete, box culvert and interchange design for highway and railway projects. You must be comfortable being viewed as a technical expert in engineering analysis and design and have proven background of technical leadership on these types of projects. You will often perform as a technical specialist or project manager on mid-size projects and supervise more junior engineers in the performance of engineering tasks.
* Bachelors in Civil Engineering required, MSCE in Structural Engineering preferred.
* 10 years bridge/structural design experience is preferred.
* Nevada PE or ability to obtain one required.
* NDOT experience preferred.
* Must have demonstrated experience in a bridge leadership role on large, complex, urban projects.
* Strong preference for a candidate with previous design build experience, preferably on complex bridge projects.
* Experience leading the final design on large bridge projects is a requirement.
* Proven hands on experience in all aspects of bridge design projects.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, GeoPak, AutoCAD and Microstation.
* Experience using structural analysis programs and bridge design software.
* Demonstrated leadership skills, communication skills and ability to work with various teams.
* Strong communication skills and willing to work in a team environment.
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.