HDR has partnered with clients to shape communities and push the boundaries of what's possible since 1917. We specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services.
With nearly 10,000 employees in more than 225 locations around the world, we think global and act local.
HDR currently has an opening for a Construction Inspector to join our team in Northern Nevada. The primary duties of the position require familiarity with a broad spectrum of construction materials methods and processes on Transportation projects. Receives supervision and support from more senior field representatives or Project Managers. Typically requires three years of progressive experience as a Construction Inspector on a multidisciplinary project. Must possess the ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications and identify discrepancies or conflicts within the documents. Conduct and document observations of construction as it progresses. This position may involve possible project assignments throughout the state. Travel may be required.
Keyword(s): CONSTRUCTION INSPECTOR II, CONSTRUCTION SPECIFICATIONS, DRAWINGS, PROJECT TESTING, ROADWAY, BRIDGE.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent experience. Tech school or college degree beneficial.
* 5 years of overall experience as a Construction Inspector on Transportation projects is preferred.
* Proficient with MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook).
* Proven problem solving and documentation abilities.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* This position typically requires successfully passing drug-screening procedures prior to being hired; thereafter subject to random and cause drug and alcohol testing. HDR is a drug and alcohol free environment.
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.